This first picture is to illustrate the mutilation of the tootie (if you can see it). Karly had bit some slits into her tootie, but they didn't seem to bother her. But, my sister and friend, Nina, both told me about the cutting technique...where you cut a slit and gradually make it bigger. This makes it lose it's great "suck" value and the kid loses interest....supposedly. So I made some slits--and then made them bigger, but quickly became frustrated because this didn't seem to discourage our Karly Bug at all. Then one night I took the scissors to it in an especially vicious way, and almost cut the whole bulb off. However, Kelly pointed out how horrible it would be if it were to detach completely and choke her during the night. So then, freaking out at my stupidity, we laid on the "big girls don't need tooties, tootie is sad and hurt and needs to go in the garbage...that would make it happy" speech extra thick. Karly's answer to all this was "I'll do it tomorrow." Which, if you know Karly, actually means "I'm going to say I'll do it at a later time in order to get you people off my back."

So, I was more than a little amazed the next morning when Karly got down from the table at breakfast and said, "Mom, I want to throw my tootie in the garbage." I then decided to make a very big deal of it and pulled out the camera to document the occasion. Karly obviously enjoyed the spectacle and began to put on a show for the camera...which required no coaching. :)





...gone!!



2 comments:
Yea Karly!
Good job Karly! Eric's sister did this too and it worked like a charm!
Post a Comment